Monday, November 7, 2011

My Love Affair

I am sure people who know me would raise eyebrows upon seeing the title of this post since they think that there are no love veins flowing inside my body. But I do love some people, places, ideas, events, etc. I also love the law and this is about my love affair with this "Jealous Mistress."

It was not my intention to be a lawyer at first but I loved her the first time I met her. She was first introduced by an old lady, a retired justice, who taught us Persons and Family Relations. Years later, I found myself being inducted to the profession in a lavish ceremony before the Supreme Court en banc.

I took a full time job in a publishing company as editor of law books. I loved the job but then realized that I was already someone else. I did not like the person nor the situation he was in.

Twelve years down the road, I gave up this job, or the job gave up on me, whatever. I am now heading, as i write this post, to an unknown destination. All I know is that my "jealous mistress" is calling and I need to respond. And the loudest and most eloquent response I can give at this point is to become an even better teacher. Shivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment