Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Planking

A classroom is a place where minds clash, ideas are harnessed, and theories are tested to discover knowledge. In some cases, it also provides an opportunity for a comic to pose as a teacher, or for a teacher who wants to be a comic. This section contains funny stories from my classroom. Well, at least for me, they are.       

The first story is during a discussion in Administrative Law, particularly in the case of Malaga v. Penachos, Jr., 213 SCRA 516. The case revolved around anomalies in the bidding process for a government project.

The student who was called to recite started to narrate the facts of the case. Since I am quite particular in the facts, I asked her how did the bidders show their protest against the award to the winning bidder.  Of course, the expected answer was that they filed a case before the court.

I noticed though she was taken aback. I was surprised because filing a case in court is an obvious answer. But she stood there, quite puzzled.

So I repeated the question "So, Ms. ______, what did they do?" in my usual "teacher's tone." Still no answer.

So I answered my own question "Nagplanking sila!" And of course laughter ensued.

Oh, then I realized that I was at the school where student activism is very much alive. Oh oh.   

 


No comments:

Post a Comment